Training On Holiday
Training On Holiday
On the build up to a summer holiday, We tend to watch what we eat, how we train and what we look like.
Once your gone away it’s time to take a step back, To relax and forget about everyday life back home.
If training plays a big part in our life, It is more important than you might know, Aswell as keeping you fit it helps release stress, tension and makes you feel fresher on a daily basis.
When we head away we tend to take in a few extra calories via Food, Cocktails etc.
To help you stay on top of all your hard work over the weeks building up to your holiday, Getting active for a few minutes a day on holidays can help burn off some of those unwanted excess calories.
A short jog, Use of the hotels gym, A couple of lengths of the pool, body weight movements on the balcony/beach.
Being active when your away doesn’t have to be a chore, use your imagination and it will actually add to your holiday experience. The other great thing about training when your away is that once you get home, You don’t feel like your starting form scratch, And if your using a Myzone belt your not falling behind on your MEPS.
Here’s the breakdown of each of the exercises. Perform each exercise for 40seconds and take 20 seconds rest before moving to the second exercise. Reaper each round 5 times which adds up to a 20 minute HIIT session.
This is a full body exercise used as both a strength and aerobic exercise.
- To Person break into 4 steps
- Move into squat position with your hands on the ground.
- Kick your feet back into a plank position with your hands on the ground.
- Immediately return your feet into squat position.
- Stand up straight and repeat
Push Up Side Plank
- Get into a push-up position on the toes with your hands just outside of shoulder width.
- Perform a push up by allowing the elbow to flex. Keeping the body straight.
- Do one push-up and as you come up, shift your weight on the left sid rod the body, twist to the side while bringing the right arm up towards the ceiling in a side plank.
- Lower the arm back to the floor for another push up and then twist tot he other side.
Wide Squat Narrow Squat
This exercise will elevate your heart rate and work all the major muscle groups in the the legs?
- Start with feet shoulder width apart and perform a squat jump by lowering the glutes towards the floor and elevating yourself into the air in the way back up pushing through the toes .
- As you land bring your feet in closer together and repeat the squat this time with the narrower stance.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2.
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor. Place your hands behind your head.
- Raise your shoulder blades off the ground and lift your legs off the floor and bend knees to 90 degrees. Then slowly pedal them in the air, alternating them as if riding a bicycle.