Cookies are small text files that websites use to remember information about you. They’re stored on your computer and can only be accessed by the website that created them or your web browser. It is possible to change the cookie settings of your browser to allow or block cookies depending on your preference.
This website uses a number of different cookies depending on how you use the website:
(a third-party cookie)
These cookies are set by Google Analytics and are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use this information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.
(a first-party cookie)
These cookies are set by this website and are essential to provide visitors with the information they request as they navigate through the site.
The cookies that are used for Google Analytics in order for us to understand what content people find useful, and for us to then provide better content on the website. This information is collected in anonymous form and includes information such as visits to the site, how you arrived at the site and what pages you visited. If you wish to opt out of this then follow this link https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
3rd Party Analytics or re targeting that we are using
Google Tag Manager
Westpark Fitness is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Westpark Fitness may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01 June. 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
contact information including email address
demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather: We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
– Internal record keeping.
– We may use the information to improve our products and services.
– We may periodically send promotional emails about special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
– From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by e-mail, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
Security: We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites: Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information: If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at email@example.com.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1988. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Westpark Fitness, Greenhills Road Tallaght Dublin 24 Ireland.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
8 Rules of Data Protection
How Westpark Fitness complies with the 8 Rules of Data Protection
- Westpark fitness Obtain your information and process your information fairly and will always obtain consent from the data subject allowing us to use personal information provided.
- The data held is for the purpose of contacting members with information regarding their membership and or club information only and guest’s information that is held is only used once consent has been received to provide information on membership and or club information.
- All data collected is and will be used and disclosed only for the specified purpose of club information. Disclosures of information will only be made to An Garda Siochana if under section 41, a, b, or c of the Data Protection Act 2018 (a) of preventing a threat to national security, defence or public security, (b) of preventing, detecting, investigating or prosecuting criminal offences, or (c) set out in paragraph (a) or (b) of section 47.
- All data is kept safe and secure using locked cabinet’s and password protected Pc’s.
- Westpark Fitness strive to ensure that all data obtained is up to date, accurate and complete.
- Westpark Fitness will only collect data that is relevant, adequate but not excessive.
- All paperwork is shredded after one year and redacted after 1 year of expiry of membership or 1 year after enquiry regarding membership.
- All data can be requested by filling out a request form in writing. If personal data is requested by An Garda Siochana we must receive an official letter of request stating which section a, b or c from section 41 as stated above and what personal details are required.
Data Protection Policy
How we use your information at Westpark Fitness
If you would like to know how we collect your information, how and what we use it for and how you can modify or access it, please read this notice.
Westpark Fitness is a standalone, privately owned fitness club. We have over 4,500 members and are considered a data controller when it comes to your information.
How we collect information about you and your consent: There are a few ways that we can collect your information:
• When you join and fill out a membership book and / or direct debit mandate book in club
• When you join using our online option in club
• If you visit us as a guest or are a visitor on a course / contractor
• Through our website, app, Myzone and social media sites
• Health and fitness reporting system
• CCTV footage
Cookies are used on our website as a way of the user’s computer storing data sent form our website, please visit www.westpark.ie for more information regarding this and how to disable it if you wish to do so. We also use cloud technology to store data which includes your information provided as discussed above.
Consent: By consenting to your email/address/mobile and photo being used you will be consenting to being contacted in relation to products, services and information updates by which ever method you have chosen. Your photograph is used as a method of identification upon entering the club.
How we keep your information safe: We control physical security in relation to the information and personal data that is contained at our facilities and restrict access to your information in buildings, computer rooms, office desk, technology areas, equipment and other facilities where unauthorized access by people could compromise our security. All proprietary or confidential information, including personal data, is contained or stored on computer and any that is contained and stored on manual files is locked up and secure. We control access to information and personal data, including existing procedures for authorizing and authenticating users.
What your information is used for: Contacting you in relation to your membership/enquiries, including renewal and/or outstanding amounts due, special offers and monthly updates of club activities and/or specific information in relation to your membership/enquiries.
Your information and third parties: We only obtain your personal information for a specific purpose, any third party used are “compatible” with the specified purpose.
Accessing and managing your information: We try to ensure that all information is accurate and up to date. We may require you to verify on occasion that your information remains accurate. Please inform us of any changes to your personal data or if for any reason the information we have for you is inaccurate so that we can update it.
To request a copy of any personal data we hold on you, please contact us in writing.
Right to erasure / right to be forgotten: In line with Article 17 of GDPR, you can request to have your personal data erased where one of the grounds applies as listed here – https://gdpr.eu/article-17-right-to-be-forgotten/. If you would like to do this, please e-mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org to formally request that we erase your data.